Much has been written about the mismanagement of National Feedlot Corporation that most of you have already heard the gory details.
But let’s bring some perspective into this issue. Let’s remember how we first heard about this issue.
It was the Auditor General’s report, not Pakatan Rakyat politicians who first highlighted this issue, calling the project a mess. Read more here.
Remember that the PKR folks just followed the dirt trail after that. And you know where it led; to luxury condos and luxury cars and whatnot.
When addressing the Wanita Umno hordes earlier this week, its chief Shahrizat Jalil was vociferous in her anger against those she said were attacking Wanita Umno.
Mistake #1. Who’s attacking Wanita Umno? It is you Shahrizat, whose conduct is in question here. You and your family. You say you are innocent of what is going on in NFC because that is your husband’s business and not yours? You must think we are all cows, with cowdung for brains.
So all the sleeve-pulling, angry rhetorics and this whole wanking exercise that was Shahrizat’s speech did not address the fundamental issue; How come her family got the project in the first place?
Mistake #2. Noh Omar, Muhyiddin Yassin and Khairy Jamaluddin all rushed to her defence, but not one of them addressed the question above.
Mistake #3. The cops, almost immediately after MACC passed the baton to them(saying this was not a graft issue), stated that preliminary investigations showed there was no element of Criminal Breach of Trust.
But who’s going to answer these fundamental questions?
1) Under what criteria did Shahrizat’s family get the contract?
2) Who approved it and when? Was it when Muhyiddin was Agriculture Minister?
3) Why the purchase of a luxury condo in Bangsar, and the luxury car?
4) The RM83 million soft loan…who signed off on it and what was it meant for?
5) From where did the money come (83 million)?
6) Seeing that it is some kind of government allocation, are they allowed to spend the money on purchases totally unrelated to the cow business?
7) Is it the policy of the BN government to allow Ministers’ families to benefit from national projects?
8) If the National Feedlot project is a national project, then why is it allegedly supplying meat to fancy restaurants owned by Shahrizat’s family?
Why aren’t they addressing these questions? Even within Umno there is already discord over this matter. That means even to them, this issue is indefensible.
Without addressing these questions, I daresay Shahrizat is a liability come GE13. Already a backdoor Minister, it is unlikely that she will win at any seat she contests in.