Maturity, Openness and Alarmists in Bolehland


The New Straits Times quotes once-upon-a-time Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Musa Hitam as saying the government is open and the people are mature enough to discuss racial issues.

 Here’s some excerpts.

KUALA LUMPUR: The discussion of racial issues today reflects the openness of the government and the people’s maturity and does not indicate a breaking down of ties.

Former deputy prime minister Tun Musa Hitam said voices of concern warning that the country was facing a racial crisis were, therefore, baseless.

He was saddened that there were such alarmist views amid the celebration of 50 years of independence.

Musa said these views gave the impression that the historical bond between the races was being tested.

“It appears to give the impression that this country is facing a racial split. There are also indications that politics of fear like that before May 13, 1969 are starting to make their presence felt,” he said in his speech after receiving a honorary Doctor of Political Science degree from Universiti Malaya yesterday.

The discussions are taking place because people are more aware. By people here I mean the general Malaysian public, NOT politicians. The pols are the biggest fear-mongers around.

The government isn’t actually allowing all these discussions, Tan Sri.  This administration is running on autopilot. The head is not governing. Those-who-must-not-named of the Fourth Floor runs the country by proxy, or so they’d like to believe.

Maturity? Whose maturity are you talking about? We already had tolerance and harmony for a long time before you bloody politicians ruined it for us. You want maturity? Start with the ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional.

You politicians divided Malaysia along racial lines with the formation of race-based parties long time ago.

By the way, what racial discussions is actually allowed here in Malaysia, Tan Sri? The moment some blogger highlights something in Malaysia, the hordes of imbeciles from Muhamad Muhamad Taib to Zainuddin Maidin starts to shoot off their mouths.

But of course they sound like they’re suffering from Tourette’s Syndrome every time they open their gaps.

 If you must know, Tan Sri, the majority of alarmists come from the ranks of UMNO, especially the fat cats who don’t want any change in the status quo, lest they lose their comfortable girth.

But then you can’t call yourself an alumnus of Malaysia’s oldest university if you don’t already have the intelligence to see the truth of what I’ve said.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Maturity, Openness and Alarmists in Bolehland

  1. I suppose you are right. The UMNO minister should just let thing flow…

    Will the blood really flow? will the parang really fly like 13th may?

    Why must UMNO stop all the open debate. It is not as if the Malays have anything to lose. The last time I read it was Robert Kuok who had 20billion, Ananda 20billion, Lim Goh Tong 10 billion

    I really hope that open debates be allowed. Who is afraid of the truth?

    And if blood do flow, who says a little blood letting is not good to let of the tension…

  2. Musa Hitam should talk!

    There are also indications that politics of fear like that before May 13, 1969 are starting to make their presence felt,” he said in his speech after receiving a honorary Doctor of Political Science degree from Universiti Malaya yesterday.

    If this is the case it is becuz the situation for the Malays have not improve much. 19% to be shared by 65%! While 20% shared the other 80%. As chairman of Synergy he will have more money then he dreamt of. Or he has made his money and now preach peace!

    He doesn’t lknow the struggle of the urban Malays families to pay ther ptpn loan or to top up the cost of living despite the loans…or those with potential who have to drop out just because they cant even afford the RM1000 fees.. you just wait.. you fat cow…feasting on Sime Darby with the opportunistic Nazri Razak. So he earn RM300 milllion merging Governemnt companies…nepotism

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s